[SML] Trap Lift

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:53:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Thomas Marhenke via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> What products do people on the list use in a trap room for a lift?  Trying
> to figure out what others are using so I can present them to a committee on
> our campus that will hopefully help us get something.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

You asked about this a month ago and had a lot of replies.  Are you
looking for other ones? Could be why you have gotten some less than
serious replies so far.

You really have to focus on size and other uses - a fixed platform
size or are you looking for lifting mechanisms you can reconfigure?
Speed? People or just scenery and props? Noise?

I work in an intalls world - new buildings with systems and equipment
- and it's Gala or Serapid today as the options for theatres.  When I
see lifts tailored to a production, generally one off custom
creations, though the parts might be reuseable.  Max load and speed
are number one, and your noise tolerance level, followed by your
ability to modify and build - especially guides and safeties.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC