[SML] DMX through an E-stop button

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Tue Jun 16 20:02:30 UTC 2015

If you can find an e-stop button that doesn't screw up the signal during normal operation than this would work.   But I seem to recall that one of the requirements of an e-stop button is that it bypasses the normal control routes and forces a safe halt to the process even if the control system is commanding it to go.  Also forcing depower of equipment so firefighters can go in to do what they need to do.
  I don't know what the electrical code there in brasil might say, but I would consult with a local expert to find out minimum requirements.
Dale