[SML] Focus work cart

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:20:15 UTC 2015

On 6/18/15 9:56 AM, Sean McCarthy via Stagecraft wrote:
> bump.....really, this group didn't have any comments to make??

Didn't see it the first time.

I'd put a self-healing cutting mat as your top layer.  Handy for those
last-minute gel trims (or even as a gel-cutting area during prep.
Second best would be to cover it in scrap marley or floor tile.  A
smooth, cleanable surface will be good for those inevitable coffee/soda
spills.

I'd advocate for cubbies where removable bins can go for tools, gel,
tie-line, etc.  That way, on gel prep day, the gel can be taken to the
prep area, leaving you to work (mostly) uninterrupted on the cart.  If
worker bees are constantly having to open drawers and take things while
you're working with the designer or whomever, it will get old, fast.

Steve L.
--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall