[SML] Vacuform Machine

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 22 14:03:14 UTC 2015

BTW

There are plans available to build your own.   Most are manual operation.  Plans  used to run around $100…..might be less now. I've seen them.   Not a quick project but not particularly hard.  Even heat and a good  method for securely clamping the plastic  is critical.   Once the plastic heats up it sags and tends to pull out of whatever is clamping it into the frame that then fits over the positive form and  table the form sits on.
Most of these do 15 or 30 mil plastic.   Don't expect to pull sintra or kydex

And Dan Culhane--yes I saw that.  No I can't imagine a shop vacuum that will have enough suck.  In the picture it looks like a 2x2 table.

DickA
TD,Cornell U