[SML] (Sort of semi-OT) The Un-Carrier

Rob Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:17:07 UTC 2015

I switched about a 14 months ago.  In metropolitan areas, even
relatively small ones, coverage has been ok.  As Bill said, rural
coverage is spotty at best.  However, since T-Mobile has a "wifi
calling" capability, I've been able to deal with it as long as I've
had access to decent wifi; the phone will even automatically switch
for stable connection.

I'm not wild about the cost, but they're all pirates.  I have a data
limit, but the nice thing is I just get throttled back; not penalized
as though I'm fed by Fort Knox financially.

I've thought of switching because of coverage issues from time to
time, but every time I do, I hear new complaints about VZW, and
remember why I left.  I'm never totally 'out of service,' but
frequently in the 'extended network,' where internet access is very
slow, or nonexistent; I generally still have phone service.

YMMV,

Rob G.