[SML] (Sort of semi-OT) The Un-Carrier

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:02:01 UTC 2015

My associate just did just that - Verizon to T-Mobile. I think that he
is pleased except that coverage is undeniably less complete and good
in rural areas, which is an irritant and when we are on job sites in
the middle of cornfields in Iowa or Illinois or other similar locales
- it annoys him.  My son did same - changed from (my) T-Mobile plan to
his employer's Verizon plan - in a rural area of Pennsylvania - 3 or 4
years ago.  T-Mobile was hopeless there. Verizon still covers better.
(He still has to have a repeater box that takes internet and provides
cell service around his home.) I'm a long time - like 2002 - T-Mobile
customer and fine with it - and accept I won't have service in some
areas.  (Though oddly it does well in the Boundary Waters - thanks to
a new AT&T tower - and I will leave it in the car after that one
experience of having service.  I'd rather it was stolen than my
wilderness trip be interrupted by business.)

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC