[SML] (Sort of semi-OT) The Un-Carrier

Nate Zilk cheesdude at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:23:31 UTC 2015

I just made the switch from vzw to tmo. For a few reasons, it was time to
get off of my parents plan, so I can't compare the prices. The lte speeds
are great when they are there, but when they aren't there I can barely get
phone calls. If you make the switch I would highly suggest you buy one of
their phones, I got a Moto X 2nd gen, which isn't a phone they sell, so it
doesn't have the WiFi calling ability. For me it was the right choice, I
needed to switch from a CDMA carrier to a GSM carrier because my home
theater is at the top of a hill and basically a concrete bunker, and no one
on Verizon or Sprint gets any service in the building.
Ramble over.
Verizon: coverage more places, costs more
T-Mobile: cheaper... Terrible customer service... But they throttle data
overages instead of charging for overages, which is a plus in my book, (but
i know not everyone agrees with me on that topic.)