[SML] RC4Magic Series 2 R3

James Smith, RC4 Wireless jds at theatrewireless.com
Tue Jun 23 23:35:47 UTC 2015

Hi Nate.

This symptom is what happens when the power to the dimmer is connected backwards.  The active electronics do not operate, and the back-emf protection diodes in the output circuit conduct reverse input power directly to the load.  I’m betting all you need to do is switch the two input power leads (which ideally should be RED (+) and BACK (-)).  No harm is done, by the way — it is protected against permanent fault under this condition.

If this does not solve the problem, you are covered by our RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty.  We will Fedex a replacement to you, along with packaging for return of the faulty unit.

Sorry for the trouble.  We will get it sorted out quickly for you.

Jim
RC4 Wireless

------------------------------
James David Smith, President and Chief Product Developer
RC4 Wireless / Soundsculpture Incorporated <http://www.theatrewireless.com/>
13604 Heathwood Court, Raleigh, NC, 27615, USA
Office 919-229-9953 | Skype rc4jds
 <https://www.facebook.com/RC4Wireless>  <https://twitter.com/RC4Wireless>
Live Life Untethered.™

2014 LDI New Product Award - Honorable Mention. Learn More <http://www.lightingandsoundamerica.com/news/story.asp?ID=-QWMZUD>.
2014 PLASA Award for Innovation. Learn More <http://www.lightingandsoundamerica.com/news/story.asp?ID=-NPE7D0>.
2009 ABTT Lighting Product of the Year. Learn More <http://www.lsionline.co.uk/news/story/RC4-Wireless-wins-ABTT-Lighting-Product-of-the-Year/OLKSEI>.

All prices and specification are subject to change without notice.
We have done our best to ensure accuracy, but we cannot
be responsible for errors or omissions.