[SML] Since we've been talking about cell networks ...

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Jun 24 15:37:57 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Ray Gibson via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote
> Prior to discovering that I could lower my vzw bill significantly once I was
> out of contract, I strongly considered going with AT&T's prepaid arm,
> Cricket Wireless. It's a really convenient package, especially if you have
> multiple lines, and it appears that you get all the AT&T benefits. They also
> data throttle when your allowance is up, rather than cut you off. Probably a
> good upgrade for the run of the mill SML tracphone user. YMMV.

Pat, one thing I'd suggest you do (whether you do AT&T or other) is
see if there's any affiliation discounts you're eligible for.  Years
ago, I came across a 10% discount (with AT&T) because of my union
affiliation, and last fall, I was made aware of some other affiliate
discount, according to my bill, "State of Oregon Fan" - as a public
employee, I was eligible for a 14% discount.  (Digging around on the
AT&T site, I see it's an agreement between various schools,
universities and organizations... I am sure you'd qualify.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com