[SML] S4 bench focus...

Patrick McCreary vze2gmht at verizon.net
Thu Jun 25 12:40:46 UTC 2015

I learned somewhere some time ago that Kerosene was the recommended
lubricant for machining aluminum; perhaps a drop or two on the offending
part would help?

What baffles me about the Z adjustment conjecture is that it seems to
contradict what I know of ERS geometry - I would think that the Z
adjustment is about positioning the filament in the focal point of the
ellipse, and that the lens system optics wouldn't have any effect on
that - maybe a slightly off batch of lamps?

Patrick