[SML] OT : Hanging Flat Screen TV

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Jun 30 16:56:42 UTC 2015

Something we found out, our walls typically have 24" OC studs, but they
used miniature wood.  The interior walls are so thin you can't set a
deep electrical box in the wall.  If you use a box with the screws that
extend out the bottom, they'll pierce the sheet rock on the other side.

The ways people cut corners!  I wonder if they ordered the tiny wood
special?

On 06/30/2015 09:39 AM, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft wrote:
> Also sometimes you will find that interior non-structural walls can
> have the studs spaced out wider at 24 inches apart.  Depending on the
> miserlyness of the builder and what the inspector let them get away
> with, may be even wider.  Modify your search patterns with the stud
> finder accordingly.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand