[SML] OT : Hanging Flat Screen TV

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Jun 30 17:08:53 UTC 2015

> I have the bracket, but I an having trouble finding the studs under the knotty
> pine.  My Stud Finder is not strong enough.  I opened an outlet and saw it was
> attached to wood, followed that line up, but nothing is there. I have tapped
> my knuckles all over.   Short of x-rays or another dozen pilot holes, I have
> half that already, is there some trick I am missing?

Do the mounting instructions tell you to screw into the studs?

Modern flat screens are not very heavy, I wouldn't worry about finding the
studs unless you plan to cantilever the screen out from the wall.

What is under the knotty pine? If it is solid wood, then there should be
plenty of strength to hold the weight.

Bill