[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Wed Mar 4 03:13:12 UTC 2015

>  Back to the OP question, I can say that about 7 years ago a 96 dimmer
> ETC rack, 24  2.4k modules, (48 dimmers, 24 cards) and 24 "airflow"
> cards cost us about $17k CAD installed.  There was limited wiring
> needed as we were splitting previously two-fer'd circuits in our
> original rack, so it was just pulling 1 of each pair off the original
> rack and putting it in to the new rack.  Feed power was also pulled
> from the same tansformer as we had plenty of power available.

Thanks for the response, Jason.

Were that a CEM+ or CEM3 installation?

I just checked the power feed to the theatre. It appears to be 600 Amp 120/208
3 phase.

The feeder to the two 2400 watt 12 packs - is probably 208 V at 125 amps.
(only two breakers). That seems awfully low for the system, but we have never
had problems - possibly due to the lack of instruments to fully load all the
dimmers at once.

Bill