[SML] Mapping/Cropping projection to flats/other

Andy Lang andy at ducksecho.com
Thu Mar 5 15:32:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Jonathan Zitelman via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> If you have Photoshop available... I have found it the easiest to create a
> vector mask using Photoshop.  This will easily allow for multiple 'windows'
> in the mask.  Then it's a quick process to just drop images in as a new
> layer and shift the order for the mask on top.  Export as a JPG, etc. and
> throw in to your favorite presentation software.

QLab will actually monitor the mask file for changes live, so you can
edit the mask in PS while your images are displaying in QLab, with any
warping/blending applied.

-Andy
(Again obligated to point out that my day job is doing support for
Figure 53, primarily for QLab)