[SML] XLR mic cables: Pin 1 to case/ground... yes? no?

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Thu Mar 12 16:36:15 UTC 2015

All the XLR type 3 pin connectors I've encountered had a way to assemble them to either connect or isolate the shell from pin one.   Usually this is a separate solder tab or you have to remove the little bitty screw and turn the metal tab around the other way and reassemble it.  Don't drop the little screw.  It's usually non magnetic and skitters across the floor to someplace hidden.  Old switchcraft connectors it is left hand thread.

Dale

/s/ Richard