[SML] Custom makeup case with low voltage lights

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:01:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:01 AM, Joe D via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> The main difficulty I have come across is that the under-cabinet lighting I had hoped to use, tends to all be LEDs. The incandescent versions are almost nonexistent.  The low cost LED versions tend to look blue-ish, and omit the CRI (Color Rendering Index) that would tell me how accurate the lighting would be in comparison to the stage lighting.  LED's are attractive since they would be more efficient for battery power, but I imagine a 12v halogen system is also viable.
>
> I have seen some relatively affordable LED strips that are considered a warm white color.  But, they omit the CRI number. Does anyone here know if these types of LED light sources tend to have a good spectrum spread?  Any other lighting suggestions?

I don't know if they have specific CRI numbers or detailed photometric
data, but there's a company near St. Louis called, oddly enough,
"Super Bright LEDs" that has LED strips in some variety of "white
light" temperatures... I've been a client of theirs for a number of
residential and automotive lighting projects for years. They *might*
have just what you're looking for, perhaps by way of having a "cool
wight" and "warm white" strip, and blending them together... I'm not
certain, but I believe they also have dimmable LEDs.

www.superbrightleds.com

It don't cost nuthin' to look...

--
Dave Vick