[SML] Lasers

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Mar 31 06:18:44 UTC 2015

> I use a five-way PLS-5 as my personal laser plumb on the Dirty Tour, to lay
> out the show's base & center lines, referenced off the venue CL and a
> batten. It usually also gets put to work spotting hoist points. On the Pony
> Show, we used a pair of PLS-3 lasers to replace our worn-out CST-Berger
> LaserMark 58-MP3 lasers, which do away with two of the three horizontal
> beams the -5 has.

I agree, the PLS-5 is an excellent point-to-point laser. The precision of the
too is outstanding. It will pay for itself after only a couple of uses.

The accessory pendulum level can be handy at times. And if working alone in a
large area, the HVD laser detector makes layouts easy - as it has an audible
beep to show that you are on target.

Bill