[SML] Copies of invoices policy question...

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue Mar 31 16:45:33 UTC 2015

Having read the thread, I agree with what seems to be the consensus:  OK for multiple copies to go multiple people within one company, or project (assuming your aware of the stakeholders within that project).  But for someone who you don't know if they are involved in the project, the invoice remains a confidential.

HOWEVER, you could answer the request in a general way, by stating that list price of a similar package costs $1569, plus taxes and shipping.  And let the 3rd party do what they will with that.

Often, in our business (we are a venue), the person who signed our contract and is legally obligated to pay us, we never hear from that person again, but with someone (we hope) has spending approval.  Occasionally we have to go back to our client and ask if their hired-for-the-project PM "TIMMY" has authority to run up a $5000+ bill in extras.  But that is all within the same company.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:Andrew.riter at ubc.ca>