[SML] Copies of invoices policy question...

ani ani.td21 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:49:56 UTC 2015

There's one situation where I can see all parties being in the right.

Brenda Starr was hired by Daily Planet Productions to provide a
service (in this case, a photoshoot).  When she billed Daily Planet
for her services, she was either vague about the cost of the Barney
Simon rental, or skipped it from her invoice completely but requested
reimbursement without an invoice.  I am of course assuming that Ms.
Starr is a bit of a flake.  Ms. Lane, when presented with said
invoice, wants to double-check the actual price of goods rented.
Should she ethically receive the invoice automatically? No. But did
she have the right to request it? Absolutely. However, Mr. Simon is
correct in only providing a copy to the original client, unless it was
explicit that she ALSO worked for Daily Planet...

---
Anna B. Labykina
Technical Director
BOSTON LYRIC OPERA
11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111-1736
ALabykina at blo.org|o 617.542.4912 x259 |m 617.388.5656