[SML] PayPal

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Wed May 6 22:23:52 UTC 2015

Some years ago, there was a site which provided an index to stories
posted on the web in a particular genre. Not the stories themselves,
just links to them. Some fool got all uptight about copyright. As a
result, the site just shut down, period. This deprived the community
of a valuable resource.

I take the view that, when I have posted something on the web it is in
the public domain. Argue with it, criticise it, tell me that I'm a
damn fool; I accept these as legitimate responses. When I post, my
words are accessible to all who can read them. It is out of my
control. They may quote them, incorporate them in their theses, if
they wish, although I should hope to receive credit.

On 6 May 2015 at 22:45, Bruce Purdy via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>> On 6May, 2015, at 6:48 AM, Nigel Worsley via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What are "moral rights"?
>>
>> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/part/I/chapter/IV
>>
>> I don't know if other countries have something similar.
>

>         IANAL, but it seems to me that in the US, "Legal" and Morally right" are often in conflict, and that the law trumps morality every time! :-(
>
> Bruce
> -----
> Bruce Purdy
> Central New York Magic Theatre Co.