[SML] Painting Truss

Chad Croteau cpcroteau at bell.net
Fri May 8 14:00:06 UTC 2015

Hello Big Brain,

I suspect I already know the answer I'm going to hear, but I'll ask anyway.  At the college where I work, we have a fair amount of silver 20.5" x 20.5" aluminum truss.  It's very useful and we like it a lot, except for the fact that it's silver (purchased by a predecessor, not current staff/faculty's decision).  So the question came up about painting it matte black.

The question for the List is whether or not that's an acceptable thing to do?  Is there a reason to not paint truss?  Does it affect how well truss can be inspected?

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks!

Chad