[SML] The secret of a successful relationship is:

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:41:22 UTC 2015

Dear Chip,
This reminds me of this anecdote: Jack Benny was asked why he let his guest
get the laugh so often on his show. His response was: It didn't matter if
he got the laugh, or his guest got the laugh; either way, his show got the
laugh.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Chip Wood via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> To say that women have no power is the worst canard of feminism.  Yes, men
> have the game rigged so that the 'boys club' has historically had the upper
> hand.  But why do they have men's clubs and golf for men only.  It's a
> haven of refuge because they know that once they let women in they are lost
> !
>
> " If a man says something in the woods where no woman can hear him, is he
> still wrong?"
>
> Next year is our 50th anniversary and I've never been right.  I'm probably
> wrong about that too, it could be our 49th.
> Chip 1
>
>> Carla wrote :   "The secret of a successful relationship is:  Someone
>> always has to say:
>> "I'm sorry, I was wrong," and then she says, "That's OK, I forgive you."
>>
>> Carla,  I've been with my wife 41 years and counting.  As every long time
>> married man will agree, that is an excellent formula  for a long term
>> partnership.  It really doesn't matter who is wrong or right and both
>> parties are fully aware of it.  If the guy person happens to be right (it
>> CAN happen) the other partner usually has ways to let you know and it's all
>> worth it!  It kinda goes along with the old adage, "happy wife, happy
>> life!" And my own two rules of marriage: rule 1. The wife is always right.
>> Rule 2.  When the wife is wrong, refer to rule 1.

/s/ Richard
_________