[SML] Source for custom stencels

Patrick McCreary vze2gmht at verizon.net
Thu May 14 19:43:36 UTC 2015

I have done the following - for wallpaper patterns on scenery.

1.    Draw the design/pattern in Vectorworks or AutoCad in 1:1 scale.
2.    Plot on good bond paper.
3.    Have the plot laminated a a copy center (like Staples, etc.)
4.    Cut the stencil out back at the shop.

Plastic lamination protects the stencil from paint moisture; ours were
good for dozens of repetitions - some were 18" x 24" (fleur-de-lis).
Used by student workers with latex paint and rollers/brushes.

Hope this helps.

Patrick