[SML] Conductor/IR Cams

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:37:27 UTC 2015

On 5/19/15 1:52 PM, ani via Stagecraft wrote:
> Dear collective wisdom
>
> I need to purchase a conductor cam and an IR cam for an off-site
> production.  These will provide the conductor and full stage shots to
> SM located in another room, and to conductor monitors for the singers.
> I already own a cheapo cam that can be used for non-IR stage shot.
> Ideally, these cameras will have RCA outs as well as HDMI for future
> endeavors.  I have never purchased a video camera in my life, so it's
> bit hard to wade through all the options out there.  Does anyone own
> cams they swear by? Model numbers helpful.

What I would caution you about is the latency inherent in digital video.
  We've had issues using digital cameras and the monitor view is a
half-beat or more behind the actual conductor.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall