[SML] Conductor/IR Cams

ani ani.td21 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 18:48:58 UTC 2015

Thank you for the responses so far. To clarify, I need both a video camera
and an IR cam for two different locations in the performance space.  The
cam Jerry is suggesting might be just what I need for the IR, but I need
zoom capability and tripod mount for the conductor cam.

Re: latency issues. Trust me, nobody is obsessed with latency as much as
opera companies.  This season, we have switched to flat screen LED TVs for
conductor feed, but we use a small digital camera with RCA outs.  We
actually conducted a latency test with analog and HDMI inputs with
different screens, and found that there's no latency in new flat panels
switched to Game mode with analog input, but HDMI cam to HDMI output on a
TV produces even more latency that a non-game mode feed does.  The reason I
am looking for HDMI compatibility is because these cams are likely to be
used as live video cams in future productions (where latency is not an
issue), as well as for some other uses in the company.

---
Anna B. Labykina
Technical Director
BOSTON LYRIC OPERA
11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111-1736
ALabykina at blo.org|o 617.542.4912 x259 |m 617.388.5656