[SML] drops on tour

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Wed May 20 19:03:41 UTC 2015

Not sure if they¹re the same thing as the rigid metallic conduit couplers,
but we use merchant couplings - the kind that often come on your pipe when
you purchase it though they¹re also available on their own.  They don¹t
have the ridges like regular pipe couplings do, and don¹t snag on the way
through the pipe pocket.  I don¹t tour so I don¹t know if this applies
there, but I like having the bottom pipe in 10¹ lengths; it makes it
easier for one person to maneuver the next length of bottom pipe and
thread it on.

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Dept.