[SML] What are people up to?

C. Andrew Dunning landrudesign at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:17:00 UTC 2015

Alf -

> In the world of mega-churches...I want a
> Vista...

Our church, here in the Nashville area, recently sold our main
campus, renovated and moved into a new facility, and is preparing
to renovate another building for a satellite (currently doing the
"temporary" thing).  Neither of the spaces were/are
worship/performance spaces by any stretch.  And...save for a
single focus session, the bulk of the lighting/production work
was done by non-professional volunteers.  To say that the last
few months have been a blur would be an understatement.
But...we're now in and in full-blast volunteer-equipping mode.
For those of you who've seen the Twitter/FB pics, you've seen
several 12-13-year-olds (and other non-professional volunteers of
other generations) jump in and help run services after minimal
training.  Vista PC and a couple of touch-screens have made that
MORE than doable.  Folks who grew up on tablets and smart-phones
just "get" it.  Really nice to see such a clear win!

As to other work...festivals, corporate events, conferences, an
installation/design for another church, and software
maintenance/updates/releases are definitely keeping me out of
trouble...

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design
-