[SML] What are people up to?

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Mon May 25 14:36:40 UTC 2015

In the world of mega-churches:  This month the sound guy and I did 4
children's musicals in 10 days.  Most with only 2 or three rehearsals.
Only 12 mics in the one I did sound for, but the others 3 had up to 27
wireless.  I exercised the old Express 48/96, with a dozen LED pars and
4 moving head fixtures, and of course the 100+ conventional fixtures.
The challenge is not knowing the final blocking or set placement until
about 8 hours prior to the performance.

For the summer, just one VBS to light, but I can use some of the cues
from above.

We'll spend time, fixin' and cleaning and straightening.  But we're also
do some budgeting and justification for new equipment.   Me I want a
Vista to replace the 48/96.   Already have the software loaded, patches
entered, and groups and basic cues built.   I can dream can't I?