[SML] OT: Promoting theatre

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Fri May 29 14:58:53 UTC 2015

That, plus local newspaper and radio event calendars ... and reminding
cast and crew to share the FB post with heir own friends and relatives,
since FB seems to be the most ubiquitous and "local" of social media.

One venue around here does FB ticket giveaways for shows that don't have
strong advance sales ("fifth person to comment wins two tickets..."). It
builds buzz, at least among those already following their page.

Around here, the biggest boost to the butts-in-seats ratio has always
been good word-of-mouth. I'm not above salting the opening night
audience with selected savvy theatre enthusiasts whom I know to have
lots of friends. Assuming the production is good, that almost always
pays off in larger second-weekend audiences.

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org