[SML] What are people up to?

Don Taco taco at peak.org
Fri May 29 17:59:15 UTC 2015

>> So, the summer season is rolling in. What are people up to? Any shows?
>> Interesting travel plans to far off places? Prepping for new jobs in the
>> fall? Etc.

  I am keeping my commitments light at the moment. My 'real' job has been
erratic, which boils down to too many hours and poor planning. I'm giving
serious thought to acquiring new management. I've made an unfortunately
large number of trips to Southern California, (a place I don't like to
visit), due to my Mom's death. That's settling down. The summer concert
season looks very weak, but I do have seats for Emmylou and Rodney. One of
my high school buddies is spending 3 weeks in a camper van touring Oregon
this month, and I expect to catch up to him at several stops, including
Silver Falls, which features 11 waterfalls along an 8 mile hike. Beat that
for cool. I'm lighting a show that Pat Kight is directing, in a venue I
don't particularly enjoy working in, this July, and apparently am designing
a set for a production in November in which she will be acting. I expect to
direct a Reader's Theater production, but the schedule isn't finalized. The
community theater has just announced the season, and I'm sure I'll be
invited to do more than I want to there, so I can afford to be choosy. I
expect I'll just do one or two shows. And I plan to get a lot of camping in
this year. It's already been a great year for that. I went to a 'new'
waterfall last weekend, which turned out to be an hour's walk through the
heart of a forested area that burned up 2.5 years ago, so it was a
fascinating up-close look at the devastation. Late in the summer, I'm
planning a two week circle of Oregon, going out to the Snake River, The
lovely Blue Mountains, the Fossil Beds, more lava features, more new
waterfalls, some rock-hunting areas, and a bunch of roads I've never driven
on. And then winter will come and I won't be coming out of my cave until
it's warm again.