[SML] Trucking Scenery, Props, & Costumes

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 22:40:55 UTC 2015

Add my voice to the choir...

I am currently dealing with the first tour I've worked in thirty years
that has *not* had Clark Transfer as the carrier of record, and while
Brand J may have similar experience, they don't have the same attitude
of partnership that Clark has. We recently, in fact, had to fire our
Lead Driver because he threw a temper tantrum over load distribution
and mileage; it is not a good thing when your Rigging Truck shows up
two hours late to a load-in, after we had flushed LX#1 and Audio
out-of-sequence, because the driver "decided to teach us a lesson."

All you need to know about hauling any part of any show, from the
smallest chamber quartet to the biggest Broadway juggernaut, can
safely be distilled down to two words:

Clark Transfer

Accept no substitutes.

--