[SML] turning off light boards

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Nov 24 16:04:13 UTC 2015

Then there's all the "screen savers" which actually put MORE wear and
tear on flat panel screens by leaving the backlights on.  They also
often don't let the CPU sleep so they burn more power than when the
computer is on and idle.

I always set flat panel screens to auto power off at some reasonable
time depending on system use.  Not so keen on auto disk power down
except on a long timeout due to the wear of stopping/starting.

On 11/24/2015 07:53 AM, Alf Sauve' via Stagecraft wrote:

> While we do power off or schedule sleep times for most monitors (hang
> over from crt days), most all other equipment is left running 24/7,
> including.   Amp racks, audio mixers and accessories, light boards,
> dimmer racks, video switchers and routers, and computers.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886