[SML] turning off light boards

gbierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Thu Nov 26 02:49:23 UTC 2015

> I couldn't afford the HP 65, so I got a TI 52.

My father is an electrical engineer and recalls the advent of the first engineering calculators.  He tells a story of a HP rep taking a raft of sh*t from a TI vendor int the booth next to him at a trade show for TI creating a cheaper version than HP's high end calculator.  After enduring the abuse for hours and showing off TI's product coming up with the same results for far cheaper, the HP rep picked his calculator up  and threw it against the wall, then kicked it across the room and showed that it still worked and dared the TI guy to do the same with his.  Shut him up really quick.  (disclaimer - not sure how true any of this is knowing my father but it makes for a great story)

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School