[SML] Harness resale?

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 07:02:52 UTC 2015

Dear Alex,
I concur with Bill Sapsis for his reasons and more. Reuse it yourself or
permanently disable it. Don't even give it to a charity and take a
write-off. The risk is much too high. I makes a hungry Plaintiff's lawyer
salivate on the spot. Not me!
/s/ Richard

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Bill Sapsis via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> The real question is is...why would someone buy a used harness?  We're not
> talking about thousands of dollars. Just hundreds.
>
> On another level, the standards for fall protection equipment have gone
> through major changes since 2003. A harness from 2003 will not meet those
> standards.
>
> I wouldn't sell it if I were you and I certainly wouldn't buy it
>
> Zat help?
>
> Bill S
>
> Sent from my #%!^¥? iPhone.
>
> On Nov 29, 2015, at 5:04 PM, Alex French via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> I'm looking for opinions from the folks who know what they're talking
> about, and/or don't know what they're talking about but are obviously
> stupid.  Please nothing from anyone who sounds sensible but is wrong.
>
> I have a full body harness that was purchased in ~2003, used only a
> handful of times and has absolutely no noticeable wear, and has sat in a
> closet ever since.
>
> Is there any reason I shouldn't sell it?  General regulations or
> practices, or changes in design since then?
>
> It is a Voyager Rigger's Harness 380RS, substantially similar to this:
> http://yatesgear.com/es/voyager-harness
>
> Waist 28-33", height 5'-0" - 5'-9".  All black with red contrasting
> stitching.
>
> If there isn't any good reason not to sell it, the next question will be
> "anyone interested in this?"
>
> Alex French

/s/ Richard
_________