[SML] Rain and lots of it

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Fri Oct 2 05:39:58 UTC 2015

The amount of humidity this will put into the air of the building will
be huge.  So lots of mold and mildew. Increased cleaning costs, plus the
mold remediation contractor at the end of the run.  There is also the
issue of the water will need to be kept sanitized or else you will be
infecting your audience and staff with legionnaires disease or whatever.
  Your air conditioning costs will increase as the system removes the
moisture from the air.   Snack bar (if you have one) will have to get a
lot more cleaning to keep ahead of the mold.

    Falling water is noisy.  Lots of falling water is very noisy. Next
time it rains, go outside and try to talk to someone 50 feet down the
path.  So the acties will need sound reinforcement to be heard.
Waterproof body mics and packs.  Not just the leads, but everyone with a
line.   More budget needed here.

I think a sound effect and an ozone generator will be much more cost
effective.

   --Dale