[SML] Jeremiah Minh Gr?nblatt

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Fri Oct 2 19:44:56 UTC 2015

I¹ve been on the list for a while and sometimes wondered when we¹d hear of
something tragic like this - the loss of a regular contributor and visitor
to this weird place.  I¹ve had the pleasure of meeting several listers in
person, after knowing them for quite some time only through this list, and
the reality mirrored what we see in this forum. I¹ve never been
disappointed. I never got to meet Jeremiah, but I¹m sure I would have
recognized the person I read here in his real life, only richer.  It¹s
great to find out that some of us did know him.

Condolences to his family, professional and personal, and especially to
his widow whose pain I can¹t imagine.  If anyone in NYC is close enough to
attend a memorial in person, please pass on the regards of this wider
family (that our own families may not even realize exists).  Sometimes
what may seem like imaginary internet friends are very real.

- Jim Dougherty