[SML] Rain and lots of it

Chip Wood chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:01:20 UTC 2015

Way back in Florida we did "Rain", which it did about 75% of the show.
Built a 2-story tin-roofed hotel set w/ drilled pipe for water
dispersal.  No mics on actors.  No problem for the audience to hear, but
we were trained to project.  Major issue was getting costumes esp shoes,
damp because after a fall of 12', water splashes ALL over the
backstage.  No matter how much you put plastic sheets.  We guttered the
runoff immediately outside, we did not re-circulate. Being Florida we
were used to the damp, but afterward never seemed to be any particular
problems.  Ran 16 perf over 4 weeks and we ran large fans on the dark days.

Chip 1