[SML] Scrollers

Andrew Vance atvanceld at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:36:33 UTC 2015

Herrick,

I love CXIs, but they're not made any more.  The problem with our
Colorams is that they're a dead item from a dead company.  Ditto with
the CXIs.

I have the feeling the price difference between LED and CXIs/scrollers
is enough to justify staying with the scroller option.  New Apollo
scrollers are approximately $750.  The S4 Lustr2s that I want are
$2500.  Traditionally our scrollers have been for S4s, S4 Pars, and
PAR64s, so I'd need something that could work for all of those. And
lots of them.  We have 32 scrollers [and 16 Nexeras that I'm trying to
retire], so we're looking at upwards of 50 fixtures.

Unfortunately, I won't be at LDI this year.  Production schedule
almost never allows for it.

--
Sincerely,

Andrew Vance