[SML] Audio panic solved

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 6 18:09:14 UTC 2015

>     >

>     Only hidden because you choose not to look. Say I was running a
>     venue that has a noise ordinance applied to it, or the health and safety
>     regulators have imposed maximum noise levels. I could insert a limiter
>     there to ensure no matter how high the DJ turns up his volume, I don't
>     have to pay the fines for for his or her excessive volume levels.
>
>     Perhaps I have a room that can be reconfigured, and this reconfiguration
>     changes the accoustic properties of the room. I could insert an EQ and
>     reverb unit here with a couple of different settings for the different
>     room configurations. Say a church that opens up it's windows in the
>     summer, but closes them when the weather isn't so nice.
>
>     There are many other scenarios where this capability is useful.

It may be. But I think that it is in the wrong place. I have installed many
sound systems, and they all have had two parts. There is a low level signal
processor, which we may call a mixer, and the high-level power amplifier.
Building them both into one box does not seem sensible, to me. The interfaces
may well prove incompatible, and there has been enough correspondance about
earth connections to sink a battleship.