[SML] Scrollers

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Wed Oct 7 03:11:08 UTC 2015

June Abernathy via Stagecraft wrote:

> Many Lighting Designers of my acquaintance use the terms Key and Fill. That "3 point” system that uses those terms is used a lot in TV and Film as well as photography....

Unless I've forgotten everything I learned from my film history classes
(always a possibility as I enter the Temporarily Out Of Memory years),
I'm pretty sure those particular terms came out of cinematography,
although the concepts appear to be shared by all professions that use
light for dramatic effect.

I know that already having the terms in my vocabulary has proven useful
in the past few years as I've become more involved in artistic
photography, and learning how to light with intention.

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org