[SML] Bluetooth-wireless mics???

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Oct 7 15:32:34 UTC 2015

Just an update to the mythical "Bluetooth" microphones and the performers
from China.... the performance came and went, and it was good, but they
didn't bring any mics.  Lost in translation? We had been quite clear with
them (or at least our contact person, who was Stateside, talking to the
producer in China) - that we didn't have a fleet of wireless lavs or
headworn mics....  but no matter... they arrived, and asked for
wireless/headworn mics.  Anyway, no international incident  occurred,
although they asked if we would have them by Curtain, which was about 1.5
hours away... which we reminded them we had told them we did not have any,
and they assured us they'd bring their own.  Translation notwithstanding,
we're not sure they understood this conversation had been held previously
with their reps.

Anyway.... still haven't seen or worked with the mythical "bluetooth"
microphones.  (I still wonder if they ever meant "Bluetooth" at all.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com