[SML] v-hazer tubing

Paul Marsland pmarsland at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:14:02 UTC 2015

Hey Philip,

I haven't used this machine. I do notice that Rosco doesn't list a hose
adapter accessory like some of their other machines.

I have done a fair amount of ducting projects and was very happy with a
hose velocity booster I built. I was able to pull fog through an ice
chiller about 75' to its stage destination, leaving the noisy machine well
out of earshot. Size the parts as suits your application and budget;

1 - electronics cooling fan, approx 5" diameter, 120 VAC, in the 60 CFM
range - $40?
1 - u-ground plug for fan - $3-5
2 - PVC pipe reducers - one end slips into dryer hose nicely, the other end
fits over fan diameter nicely (so maybe 5"-4" reducer?) - $6?

Epoxy or hot glue reducers to either side of fan for airtight seal. You end
up with something about the size and shape of a junior football. Mark
direction of airflow on the piece for future reference.

Be sure to power with a non-dim. :)

We had more success pulling the fog than pushing the fog.

At the fogger, I'm sure you can craft an adequate mount for a duct hose.

--
Paul Marsland
+1 919-239-0551