[SML] OT: Non-Standard Wiring Revisited

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 02:16:05 UTC 2015

On Saturday, October 10, 2015, Bill Nelson via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

As a couple of others have stated, it is allowed - although certainly not
> desirable. It is no different than plugging a lamp into a wall outlet.

Except that it IS different, because if your hypothetical wall outlet goes
Poof you can plug your hypothetical lamp into a different outlet on a
different circuit. I certainly can't power my built- in ceiling fixtures
off a different circuit...

It may be Code-compliant, but personally I think it's a pointless and
stupid way to wire a bathroom, bordering on recklessness.

--
Dave Vick
Asst. Carpenter / Flyman; "Annie" On Tour '15-'16