[SML] Alternatives to Scaffolding

PJ Veltri pjveltri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:49:08 UTC 2015

For years we have used a 20' scaffold tower on screw jacks and wheels to
roll around between the seats of one of our spaces. Over this past summer
the school paid to get expensive new seats installed without allowing us,
the district employed technicians, to be a part of the meetings.

To make a long story short the new spacing of the seats makes it so that
our current 10' x 5' scaffolding won't fit, nor will the other option (7' x
5') fit within the aisles.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for other ways to access this
position which is about 28' in the air over a raked auditorium.

I've already thought about focus track, but based on the architecture of
the position, namely an oversized  safety grid under the position, it would
be pretty difficult for a seated tech to reach the pipe and there's no way
they could reach the color slot once the light was focused.

Please Help!

Thanks
PJ Veltri