[SML] Outside entities managing campus building and dB limits

Paul Marsland pmarsland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:41:57 UTC 2015

The thought of my local parks and Rec division managing events in my space
would send me job searching and but quick.

While they excel at camps and pools, the political overhead they bring and
the idea they might have to work past midnight would make it unstomachable
for me.

I do believe anyone can be trained, but training a parks person to deal
with shows will be challenging for anyone. Not unlike training a theatre
person to deal with a corporate job.

On the other hand, maybe contracting parks will reduce your work load to
something more manageable?  Once you train them, maybe you can spend more
nights at home.

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015, John McAfee via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I know that there has been a discussion of dB limits for rentals, but I
> can’t find it in my archive.  What do people generally put in as limits?
>
> Also our university is currently discussing a contract for the state Parks
> and Planning to bring in and run all non-academic events with revenue
> split.  Has anyone had their school do something like this?  Any advice?
> Will it be as much of a cluster-jam as I expect it to be?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Paul Marsland
+1 919-239-0551