[SML] Tombstone actor shot when live rounds fired during mock gunfight

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Thu Oct 22 12:20:29 UTC 2015

Been there.   Wasn't impressed.

There are multiple groups holding "shootouts".  Each claiming to be
recreations of THE shootout at the OK Corral.   Or they claim they're on
the original spot.     My impression was the groups were amateurish and
poorly run.  Imagine, if you will, Disney World, but each venue is
privately owned and run, with its own set of rules and procedures.

The highlight of our visit was to the Tombstone library building which
has many artifacts and pictures of the town in its heyday.  I highly
recommend, if you're interested in real history, to visit the library
and a couple of the older buildings.   Note thought the town has burned
down several times so no original buildings remain anyway.