[SML] Audio-Technica wireless handhelds: frequent point of failure?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Oct 23 17:41:06 UTC 2015

Hi folks... I have a couple of A-T wireless handhelds (ATW series) -
that "shut off" even with fresh batteries.  I can sometimes emulate
the effect by "thwapping" the side of the mic (at the handle, not the
capsule and windscreen end) - and can power them right back up by
pressing the power button.  Sometimes they'll power up, I'll AllLock
them, but as I screw the cover back on, it will shut down.

So my question: does anyone know of specific points inside these
kiddos that develop a bad connection? I don't know where to start.

The mics are 9 years old, and last spring the outer aluminum cases
were replaced, as the threading between the handles and the heads had
become hopelessly stripped.  Generally speaking, the microphones have
been very well cared for, otherwise....

TIA...

--
Jon Ares