[SML] Outdoor Gobo Projection Help?

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Sun Oct 25 16:27:02 UTC 2015

Do this with an old source 4 that you are willing to throw away after
it's done.  after a couple of months outside in the weather, there is
all kinds of bimetal corrosion going on.   If you have a local rental
house that will sell you a couple of old ones for cheap, this is a
viable option.

    IF you have any sort of structure in a reasonable projection
location, such as a guard shack or can build a little simulated doghouse
or something hidden by landscaping features, then shine it out through a
window in the structure.   Do take precautions to keep the critters,
bugs and bees out.

    This time of year, there are all sorts of cheapie projectors loaded
with holiday themed gobos for decorating one's house for the holidays.
Buying a half dozen of these with some custom gobos may be a more cost
effective solution.  (half a dozen, since I expect that their life span
in continuous service is only a couple months.)

    Oh yeah, may want to investigate the local sign ordinances before
installing this.  This may count as a sign, and require a permitting
process with fees.

   --Dale