[SML] Use of weapons in production

nathan best best.nathan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:03:45 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I have never worked on a production or had a production in my space that
used firearms or weapons of any kind really. I recently found out that a
production next year will be using weapons of some sort (not confirmed what
exactly yet) but I have some super concerns (as I should). Where do I even
begin. I know that someone needs to be put personally in charge of the
weapons etc, but what kind of training should this person have? Are there
things I should look for with these weapons, especially firearms? I know
that I should ideally have someone who does this for a living dealing with
the weapons, but I also want to be knowledgeable enough to head of problems
before they begin, especially when I have the discussion with Campus Safety
about the presence of weapons on campus and their use. Any help would be
most appreciated.

Thank you

Nathan B.