[SML] Use of weapons in production

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Oct 27 20:12:41 UTC 2015

No live ammo anywhere.

If possible, guns should be specially plugged so they can't use live ammo.

Plastic fake guns are best.

Guns are never out of sight of wrangler.  Locked up when not in use.

Never actually aim at someone, always aim to the side (and not and the
director standing in the wings).

Full loads are LOUD.  Need to size the load to the space.

On 10/27/2015 01:03 PM, nathan best via Stagecraft wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have never worked on a production or had a production in my space
> that used firearms or weapons of any kind really. I recently found out
> that a production next year will be using weapons of some sort (not
> confirmed what exactly yet) but I have some super concerns (as I
> should). Where do I even begin. I know that someone needs to be put
> personally in charge of the weapons etc, but what kind of training
> should this person have? Are there things I should look for with these
> weapons, especially firearms? I know that I should ideally have
> someone who does this for a living dealing with the weapons, but I
> also want to be knowledgeable enough to head of problems before they
> begin, especially when I have the discussion with Campus Safety about
> the presence of weapons on campus and their use. Any help would be
> most appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Nathan B.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886